I recently participated in Foodie Pen Pals over at The Lean Green Bean and it was so much fun! If you’re a foodie like me, you’ll love this. You get paired with someone within the country and send them a box of goodies by the 15th of the month. Details are at the end of this post.
I was paired with Azia from Mamas Got a Big Belly and Azia Said What! She wasted no time finding out if I was allergic to anything and the things I enjoy to eat!
She sent me really cool stuff from her hometown in Minnesota! Including a Minnesota Vikings Coozie for the Buddy’s Orange soda pop!!! I also got a lot of tea which I LOVE, chocolate covered bite-size cookies, Cashew trail mix, A taco mix that will come in handy if I decide to have a Super Bowl party this weekend, and my absolute favorite item in the box, Dutch Caramel Waffle Cookies! Those things are the bomb!
This was first time participating and I really enjoyed it! I look forward to doing it again and if you’re interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal yourself, here are the details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for February, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. You must submit your information by February 4th as pairings will be emailed on February 5th!
Talk to you later dolls!